Thursday, 21 January 2010

Waterlily Birthday

I made this card for my Sister-In-Law's birthday. She loves lilies but over the years I have all but exhausted my collection of lily images so I was struggling to come up with something this year until my dad suggested I make a waterlily.
To make this I drew a lilypad onto Whisper White cardstock and cut a square mat from the same card. I coloured the lily pad and the water using a misting technique. For the water I daubed Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue and Bordering Blue onto a craft mat and spritzed with water. I swirled the card square into the ink until I was happy with coverage and then screwed up the square to add some definition and then flattened and left to dry.
The lilypad was done using the same technique with Handsome Hunter, Garden Green, Sage Shadow and Green Galore Inks.
The lily was made using Whisper White Card shapes punched using the 5 Petal Flower and Boho Blossoms punches. I coloured the petals using Pretty In Pink Ink and added a gem to the centre.
Greeting is from the Vintage Labels Stamp Set one of four sets that you can get for free!
Thanks for looking

2 comments: